Thu, 21 December 2017
This week's Guests on the show include:
- John Morgan UFC 219 Preview: 4:48
- Kenny Florian returns to Submission Radio to give his predictions for UFC 219 and Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm and Khabib Nurmaogomedov vs. Edson Barboza, as well as Rafael dos Anjos' win over Robbie Lawler, why RDA has had so much success at 170, Colby Covington's antics and Twitter back and forth with Kenny, Georges St-Pierre's future and which mega-fight would make the most sense for him next, his new BJJ school, KASAI Pro, and more!
- Luke Thomas returns for a UFC 219 preview and to take an in-depth look at Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm and Khabib Nurmaogomedov vs. Edson Barboza, as well as give his predictions for both fights.
- Javier Mendez returns to Submission Radio to discuss Khabib Nurmagomedov's fight against Edson Barboza at UFC 219, Khabib's tough road and how important this fight is for his career and UFC title hopes, his weight, the big challenges that Barboza presents, if Khabib is eyeing or Conor McGregor next, Luke Rockhold claiming that AKA isn't what it used to be, Cain Velasquez's return timeframe, if Cain should face the winner of Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou upon his return or take a warm-up fight first, Daniel Cormier possibly moving back up to heavyweight, and more!
- John Morgan returns to the program to discuss what's next for Rafael dos Anjos after his victory over Robbie Lawler at UFC on FOX 26 and help preview and predict UFC 219, including such fights as Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm, Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Edson Barboza, Cynthia Calvillo vs. Carla Esparza, Carlos Condit vs. Neil Magny, Dan Hooker vs. Marc Diakiese and more!
- Tommy Toe Hold returns to get you excited for UFC 219 and reminds you what to look out for during the event!
- Also, Kacper & Denis give their own predictions for Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm and Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Edson Barboza, as well as some parting end-of-year words and appreciation to wrap up 2017.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_UFC_219_PREVIEW_-_Kenny_Florian_Luke_Thomas_John_Morgan_Javier_Mendez_TTTHS.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:07am AEDT
Thu, 14 December 2017
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Coach Wink at: 5:24
- Legendary commentator and WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross returns to Submission Radio to discuss Ronda Rousey going into the WWE, how well JR thinks Ronda can do and if the WWE maybe missed the boat given Rousey's UFC losses, Brock Lesnar's future and if he would ever return to the UFC, Jack Swagger making his transition into MMA and signing with Bellator, Swagger's wrestling credentials and if he's possibly an even bigger talent than Lesnar, Vince McMahon's interest in Conor McGregor and how likely it would be to see him in a WWE ring, if Conor would have to make amends with the wrestlers he offended, his brand new book and why he decided to release it now, and more!
- Ben Askren returns to Submission Radio to discuss retired life and why he decided to hang it up, his recent callout of Georges St-Pierre and how serious he is about it, what the appeal is to fight GSP, if beating him would prove that he could've been UFC champ all along, GSP's win over Bisping, how he would see that fight going, his relationship with Dana White and if it would get in the way of the fight happening, Tyron Woodley's issues with Dana White,if there's anyone else who could tempt him out of retirement, the injuries he accumulated at the end of his career, his other projects and more!
- Coach Mike Winkeljohn returns to Submission Radio to discuss Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm at UFC 219, why the fight took so long to put together, if Holly is getting the money she deserves, the comparisons between this fight and when Holly fought Ronda Rousey, Holly's response to Cyborg's trash talk, where Holly is at mentally, her advantages over Cyborg and how the fight will play out, Alistair Overeem's loss to Francis Ngannou at UFC 218, if Wink was concerned given how brutal the knockout was, if Ngannou can beat Stipe Miocic, the latest on Jon Jones, and more!
- Damon Martin returns to the roundtable to discuss Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold being set for UFC 221 in Perth, Georges St-Pierre vacating the middleweight title, Brian Ortega's win over Cub Swanson at UFC Fresno and if he's ready for a title shot, Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos, as well as the new Star Wars movie!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_147_Jim_Ross_Ben_Askren_Coach_Wink_Damon_Martin.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:21am AEDT