Mon, 21 December 2015
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Randy Couture returns to Submission Radio to give his thoughts on the latest big topics in MMA, and give and update on his Hollywood career. “The Natural” talks about Conor McGregor knocking out Jose Aldo in 13 seconds, if Aldo deserves a rematch, the Frankie Edgar match up, whether McGregor can hold power over the UFC co-promote with the company, if Conor can realistically hold two title belts simultaneously, the UFC releasing footage of Aldo crying on his locker-room, Ronda Rousey’s KO loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193, if Ronda can make the necessary adjustments to win a rematch, how the UFC handled Miesha Tate’s title shot, his thoughts on fighters attitudes towards retirement, being a part of the fourth Expendables movie, and much more.
- Johny Hendricks returns to Submission Radio to talk about his fight against Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson at UFC 196, convincing the UFC to let him stay at welterweight, working with Louis Giordano to fix his weight issues and what weight he’s walking around at, why he decided to leave Team Takedown, where he’s training now and if he’s looking for a big MMA gym to train with, Stephen Thompson’s striking compared to his past opponents, people constantly doubting his own striking, how close he is to getting another title shot, fighting Tyron Woodley in the future and settling their rivalry, Georges St-Pierre only wanting to return when Johny was meant to move to middleweight, wanting to fight GSP at UFC 200, and lots more.
- Max Holloway makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his big win over Jeremy Stephens at UFC 194, why it wasn’t one of his typical performances, Jose Aldo getting knocked out in 13 seconds and what it does to his legacy, fighting Frankie Edgar or Conor McGregor next, what a fight against Edgar at UFC Hawaii would mean, avenging BJ Penn’s losses to Frankie, wanting big fights in stadiums, taking on Conor McGregor in Ireland, why he doesn’t believe McGregor really injured his ACL when they fought, having his own Irish fans, potentially fighting Jose Aldo and how the fight would go, and much more.
- Also on the show, Bloody Elbow's associate editor, Karim Zidan, joins the roundtable discussion to break down UFC Fight Night Orlando, and fights such as Donald Cowboy Cerrone vs Rafael Dos Anjos, Junior Dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem, Nate Diaz vs Michael Johnson, Randa Markos vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz, and what's next for the winners and losers.
- Karim also shares his insights on the European MMA scene, and what to make of Fedor Emelianenko being signed to fight Jaideep Singh at the Japanese New Year's event, Rizin Fighting Federation.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_77_Randy_Couture_Johny_Hendricks_Max_Holloway_Karim_Zidan__UFC_Orlando.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:17am AEST
Tue, 15 December 2015
UFC 194 Breakdown Special: Tommy Toe Hold, Kirik Jenness, Duane Finley, Paul Dollery - Submission Radio #76
This week's topics include the breakdown of and fallout from UFC 194: Aldo vs. McGregor, UFC Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale, and UFC Fight Night 80.
- In a special roundtable edition of Submission Radio, Kirik Jenness of “The Underground”, Duane Finley of UFC.com and Bleacher Report, and Paul Dollery of “The 42”, join Kacper and Denis to discuss the grand and monumental event that was UFC 194. Also on the show is a special appearance from Tommy Toe Hold to give his top five UFC 194 moments.
- The team discuss topics such as Conor McGregor’s 13-second knockout win over Jose Aldo, the mental aspect and if either man looked nervous, who’s next for Conor McGregor and if the Irishman is on track to become bigger than the UFC, if he could realistically hold two belts at the same time, possible friction with the UFC, how big Conor really is in Ireland, Luke Rockhold winning the UFC middleweight title against Chris Weidman, if the fight should have been stopped in the third round, who’s next for Luke, Yoel Romero’s victory over Jacare Souza, if the right man won, whether he deserves the next title shot, his cardio issues, Demian Maia outgrappling Gunnar Nelson in a dominant performance, if Maia can win the title and if he deserves the next shot, Urijah Faber’s next choice of opponent and if he should fight for the belt, Frankie Edgar’s win over Chad Mendes and where he stands in the division, if he will end up getting the next title shot, Tony Ferguson choking out Edson Barboza and how far away he is from a title shot, Rose Namajunas’ win over Paige VanZant and what the loss did for Paige….and so much more.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_76_-_UFC_194_Breakdown_Special_-_Tommy_Toe_Hold_Kirik_Jenness_Duane_Finley_Paul_Dollery.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 7:40am AEST
Mon, 7 December 2015
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Chael Sonnen returns to Submission Radio to discuss a variety of topics, including Ronda Rousey's brutal KO loss to Holly Holm, why gameplans and footwork are just myths, Ronda's skillset deficit, whether or not Ronda Rousey was created by the media, the shallowness of the women's bantamweight division, why judo sucks and it's controversial history, if Conor McGregor is all hype, why Jose Aldo and Conor are both scared to death of each other and ready to lose, Jose Aldo not believing in himself, the Los Angeles connection between Bruce Lee, Judo Gene Lebell and other wimps, Mirko Cro Cop and the way he exited the sport, HGH not being a steroid, why he didn't end up facing Josh Barnett at Metamoris, if he was really scheduled to take on "The Warmaster", WSOF 26 and his role as a commentator, and lots more.
- Michael Bisping makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his fight against Gegard Mousasi at UFC Fight Night London, his advantages over Gegrard and why he'll win, the feeling of fighting back home again, how hard it was to withdraw from UFC 193 and such a massive crowd, his thoughts on the fight between Robert Whittaker and Uriah Hall, why Gegard would beat Uriah Hall in a rematch, how he's managed to turn and win over the fans in the last few years, the frustration of still not getting a title shot, if a win over Gegard puts him into title contention, the time Lorenzo Fertitta told him to call out Anderson Silva in Brazil, what he thinks about Silva and Belfort fight each other and their past with steroids, why he doesn't respect Anderson Silva despite him being a legend, mellowing out and not being so angry anymore, why he sees Luke Rockhol beating Chris Weidman, how a rematch would go between him and Rockhold, his new radio show, and more.
- WSOF Featherweight champion Lance Palmer returns to Submission Radio to talk about his fight at WSOF 26 against Marcos Alexandre Campos de Almeida, looking to showcase his improved striking, cornering his UFC teammates in Urijah Faber, Chad Mendes and Paige VanZant during the week of UFC 194, his wanting to fight a bit more often, his opponent's ground game and many submission wins, his sights set on fighting for a UFC title in the future, experience on the Ultimate Fighter 22 with Urijah Faber, his thoughts on Conor McGregor during the show, the hilarious story of how he got the nickname "The Party", and more.
- Elias Cepeda of Fox Sports joins Kacper and Denis in a roundtable discussion to discuss Gleison Tibau's recent drug test violation, the curious statement from Tibau's team, if Gleison's impressive physique is a red flag, what EPO actually does to the body, if there is any interest in a rematch with Abel Trujillo. Other topics include CM Punk's UFC debut and if it will even happen, whether the UFC has chosen the right path in choosing his first opponent, why Elias Cepeda himself would be the perfect first opponent for Punk, UFC 194 and the overlooked fights, if Jacare Souza can finally earn his title shot with a win over Yoel Romero, other fights that have flown under the radar, and what a loss would mean for Conor McGregor and if it would be more devastating than Ronda Rousey's loss to Holly Holm.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_75_Chael_Sonnen_Michael_Bisping_Lance_Palmer_Elias_Cepeda__Roundtable.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:02am AEST