Mon, 26 October 2015
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Luke Rockhold returns to Submission Radio to discuss his upcoming middleweight title fight against Chris Weidman at UFC 194. The former Strikeforce champion talks about recently being woken up at home by USADA to be drug tested, if USADA's efforts will help rid MMA of PEDs, his advantages over Weidman and Chris' speed issues, dealing with Weidman's pressure, why the wrestling won't be a factor, Chris Weidman's huge weight cut negatively affecting his performance, how their resume's stack up, if Weidman's hype is warranted, pressure on delivering the greatest middleweight fight of all time, being the co-main event to Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo, facing Anderson Silva in the future, Joseph Duffy being pulled from UFC Dublin due to concussion, at what point before a fight he stops sparring, hiring a nutritionist, his tiny sleeping quarters at AKA, why he roundhouse kicked and smashed iPhones.
- Tim Kennedy returns to Submission Radio to discuss his recent reality TV show about catching war criminals, pissing off ISIS and the situation in Syria, what he would do if he was president, Russia's actual goal in defeating ISIS, recent American shootings and gun control, why he feels the need to always carry a gun and a knife despite being a lethal weapon, Johny Hendricks and his disastrous weight cut, why Hendricks is actually one of the biggest threats at middleweight, the real reason why Dan Henderson doesn't want to fight him, Vitor Belfort being allowed to fight at UFC 152 despite having raised testosterone levels, why the UFC can't stop him from speaking his mind on Reebok and why his fight kit is unavailable, the possibility of him going over to Bellator with Scott Coker, how much he still trains and breaking personal records, why he would come back to fight Anderson Silva, fighting Zombies with Danny Trejo and Ron Jeremy, and more.
- Judo Gene Lebell returns to Submission Radio to talk about his Hollywood life and some of the latest topics in the MMA and combat world. Gene discusses the matchup between Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm at UFC 193 in Australia, how much of a chance Holly really has and if her boxing accomplishments translate, why he'd like to see Ronda retire soon, Cris Cyborg vs Miesha Tate and if Cyborg is clean, Ronda moving up in weight to fight Cyborg and how the fight would go, Ronda Rousey becoming a pro wrestler in the WWE, the debate of female fighters taking on male fighters, the importance of learning and combining all martial arts, Sylvester Stallone and if he'd be a part of an Expendables movie, doing fun skits with Jimmy Kimmel, what to do with MMA referee Steve Mazzagatti and his frequent blunders, the problems and solutions to MMA judging, Big John McCarthy, his special relationship with Roddy Piper and their sparring sessions, where Floyd Mayweather ranks in the boxing all-time greats, and much much more.
- Also on the show is discussion on UFC Fight Night Dublin, Reebok's horribly distasteful Irish T-shirt, and Jon Jones being reinstated by the UFC.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_70_Luke_Rockhold_Tim_Kennedy_Gene_Lebell__UFC_Dublin.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 6:00am AEST
Mon, 12 October 2015
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Ryan Bader returns to Submission Radio to discuss his big win over Rashad Evans at UFC 192 and what's next. The man known as "Darth" or "K-1 Bader" talks about Rashad's pre-fight trash talk and how it felt to get revenge, what kind of message it sent to the rest of the division, why he didn't call anybody out after his win, how the media affected him in the lead-up to the fight, his improved striking and where it came from, his thoughts on the fight between Daniel Cormier and Alexander Gustafsson, why he's expecting to fight Daniel Cormier next, title shots not growing on trees and not taking meaningless fights, his wrestling vs DC's, if Jon Jones should be allowed to return to the UFC immediately, thoughts on possible match-ups with Anthony "Rumble" Johnson and glover Teixeira, avenging his last loss, his post-fight experience with USADA.
- Bas Rutten returns to Submission Radio to talk about a variety of hot topics in current MMA. El Guapo chats about his long relationship with Duane Ludwig, some crazy stories of early days when Duane was a young fighter, the ugly split between Urijah Faber and Ludwig, if Urijah's allegations about Duane are true and how Duane is in real life, if it's smart for TJ Dillashaw to switch training camps, Nick Diaz's 5 year suspension at the hands of NSAC, if Marijuana should be tested for, NSAC vs a real court of law, Jon Jones returning to the UFC and how to fix his life, Fedor Emelianenko deciding to fight in Japan, Kazushi Sakuraba, if Bas think Fedor is the man to resurrect Japanese MMA, the one douche bag in Pride FC, Fedor's disappointing opponent, Alistair Overeem vs Junior Dos Santos, breaking down Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm, the first time he ever said "God speed and party on", his funny run-in with air marshals, the time he almost died in an insane car crash, Jonny Depp's latest movie "Black Mass".
- Also on the show is game segment "Tweet Kingz" and the announcement of the Mark Hunt book competition winners!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_69_Bas_Rutten_Ryan_Bader__Tweet_Kings.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 2:25am AEST
Mon, 5 October 2015
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Tito Ortiz returns to Submission Radio to discuss his devastating loss to Liam McGeary at Bellator 142: Dynamite, how surprised he was when Liam locked in the inverted triangle, whether he thought he was on his way to becoming a world champion again, how the loss affects his career plans and if he will go ahead with his final Bellator fight, Phil Davis as a possible opponent and him as a threat to McGeary's title, fighting Frank Shamrock in a rematch, Fedor Emelianenko's decision to sign with Nobuyuki Sakikabara's new Japanese MMA promotion, if Fedor is really the GOAT, if he would fight Fedor on the new year's eve card, ways to improve Bellator PR, Nick Diaz's suspension Jon Jones' return to MMA and getting his life together, Cris Cyborg's drop to 140 and if she can eventually make 135, Holly Holm's chances against Ronda at UFC 193, and more.
- Jon Fitch makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his big fight against Yushin Okami at WSOF 24, Yushin's drop to welterweight despite being so big at middleweight and if he's worried that he won't make weight, who has the better grappling, his new fighting system he's been working on, main-eventing the card despite there being a title on the line that night, if Rousimar Palhares should ever fight again, fighting Jake Shields for the vacant WSOF welterweight belt, his ongoing lawsuit against the UFC and what the outcome will mean for MMA and fighters, the difference between an MMA union and an association, getting rid of exclusive fighter contracts, loving the UFC but never wanting to fight for ZUFFA again, his current treatment at WSOF as opposed to the UFC, NSAC's abuse of power in handling Nick Diaz's suspension, being a medical Marijuana activist and why weed is better than pharmaceutical pain killers, if Marijuana is really a PED, the current fight revolution in MMA, and more.
- Michelle Waterson returns to Submission Radio to talk about her fight against Tecia Torres at UFC 194, her reaction to fighting on such a big card, why there's less pressure than when she fought at the TUF finale, why Tecia shouldn't go to the ground with her, their Karate styles and why she has the tools to neutralize Tecia's game, being the first person to break Tecia's undefeated record, self promotion and if she'll call out the champ after a win at UFC 194, whether she feels ready to fight Joanna Jedrzejczyk or wants to get more comfortable in the division, her predictions for Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo and Chris Weidman vs Luke Rokchold, if she'd let her daughter become an MMA fighter, Angela Magana's bladder failing her in their fight, her recent trip to Costa Rica, ridiculous dating phone apps, and more.
- Also on the show is discussion on Johny Hendricks missing weight and failing to fight Tyron Woodley, Julianna Pena claiming women should be paid more than male fighters, and fights such as Daniel Cormier vs Alexander Gustafsson, Ryan Bader vs Rashad Evans, Ruslan Magomedov vs Shawn Jordan, Joseph Benavidez vs Ali Bagautinov, Julianna Peña vs Jessica Eye, Yair Rodríguez vs Dan Hooker, Albert Tumenov vs Alan Jouban, and Sage Northcutt debuting against Francisco Trevino.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_68_Tito_Ortiz_Jon_Fitch_Michelle_Waterson__UFC_192.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:25am AEST