Tue, 27 January 2015
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Chad Mendes talking about his upcoming fight against Ricardo Lamas, how he stacks up against the Bully, Lamas' strengths and weaknesses, personal thoughts on Ricardo and the Conor McGregor parody video, why he was so happy during the Jose Aldo fight, what he'd do differently in a rematch with Aldo, TJ Dillashaw's chances against Aldo, if he's impressed yet with Conor McGregor, Conor's chances against Aldo, if he would ever go down to Bantamweight, and more.
- Royce Gracie returns to Submission Radio to discuss the evolution in MMA, if the UFC is as real now that there are so many more rules, why point fighting is ruining the sport, Gyms and BJJ schools teaching for competition rather than self defense, his role in the new Scorpion King movie, being on the set with Roy Nelson and Bigfoot Silva, sharing stories with Lou Ferrigno, his fight against the 400lbs+ Akebono in K1, CM Punk coming into MMA, Jon Jones' failed drug test, his role as a Bellator ambassador, his autobiography, and more.
- Jake Shields talks about his upcoming fight against Rousimar Palhares, if he's worried about the Brazilian's leg locks and holding on too long, how he sees the fight going, Jon Fitch's mistakes against Palhares, a potential fight against Ben Askren, his time so far in WSOF, if he would return to the UFC depite Dana White's comments, GSP rematch and what he would do differently, Nick Diaz preparing for Anderson Silva, Robbie Lawler as a champ and if he will remain a long term champ like GSP.
- Seth Petruzelli talks about his long career and what led to his retirement, Kimbo Slice's return to Bellator, the call out, and if he would come out of retirement to fight Kimbo. Seth also talks about how the rematch would go, why Kimbo would call out such a dangerous opponent, what happened backstage after he knocked Kimbo out the first time, the demise of Elite XC, if he knew that the company would crumble, what he's been doing since retiring and why he's in such good shape, funny Halloween stories, funny stories from The Ultimate Fighter season 2, and plenty more.
- Also on the show is discussion and a breakdown of UFCon Fox 14, the fights on the card, and what's next for the fighters.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_26-1-15_Royce_Gracie_Chad_Mendes_Jake_Shields_Seth_Petruzelli.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 4:53pm AEST
Wed, 21 January 2015
This week's Guests on the show include:
-Pat Miletich talking about what's new in 2015, his MMA career, what it was like being in UFC tournaments, if the sport has become easier because of the rules and weight classes, the anti UFC lawsuit, starting a fighter's union, the crazy gym wars back in the Miletich Fighting system, sparring sessions between champs like Matt Hughes, Robbie Lawler, Jens Pulver and Tim Sylvia, Jon Jones testing positive for cocaine metabolites, Recreational drugs in MMA, the evolution of the sport of MMA, Robbie Lawler's recent success and career resurgence, Tim Sylvia's retirement, almost doing TUF 3, and more.
- Bill Goldberg appears on Submission Radio to talk about his legendary Pro Wrestling career in WCW, WWE and Japan, how he got into the business, his NFL run, wrestling road stories, dealing with backstage politics, WCW's demise, his WWE run and being asked to stop using the spear, fight offers in Japan from Pride, how he owns a Muay Thai gym, his love for striking, training Muay Thai, why he never went into MMA, Melvin Manhoef, Brock Lesnar returning to the UFC, CM Punk becoming a fighter, resurgence, if he'd ever return to the WWE, and more.
- Also on the show is discussion and a breakdown of UFC Fight Night Boston: Conor McGregor vs. Dennis Siver and the fights on the card.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_19-1-15_Pat_Miletich_Bill_Goldberg__UFC_Fight_Night_Boston.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:23am AEST
Sun, 11 January 2015
This week's Guests on the show include: Randy Couture talking about the anti UFC lawsuit, starting a fighter's union, CM Punk in the UFC, Jon Jones testing positive for cocaine metabolites, Olympic drug testing, his upcoming movies, dressing up as Chuck Liddell for Halloween, Steven Seagal, and more. - Jon Jones' coach Mike Winkeljohn talks about Jon's win over Daniel Cormier at UFC 182, Jon moving up to Heavyweight, the failed drug test, cocaine vs performance enhancing drugs, Donald Cowboy Cerrone's quick turnaround and upcoming fight against Benson Henderson, the keys to beating Bendo, the Myles Jury fight, Cowboy and being a slow starter, a rematch against Nate Diaz, Alistair Overeem vs Roy Nelson, Holly Holm's UFC debut, Diego Sanchez and his wrestling , and more. - Conor McGregor's coach John Kavanagh talks about Conor's upcoming fight against Dennis Siver at UFC Fight Night: Boston, fighting Aldo, moving up to Lightweight and even Welterweight, being Ireland's first BJJ Blackbelt, coaching since age 14, the MMA Boom in Ireland, and lots more. - Also on the Show is discussion about Jon Jones testing positive for Cocaine metabolites and if it really is such a bad thing.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_11-01-15_Randy_Couture_Mike_Winkeljohn_John_Kavanagh__Jon_Jones_Failed_Drug_Test.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:49pm AEST