Mon, 19 December 2016
Submission Radio #109 END OF YEAR - John Morgan, Robin Black, Tommy Toe Hold, Elias Cepeda, Sean Sheehan
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Robin Black (The Fight Network) returns to Submission Radio to discuss the main and co-main events from UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey, Dominick Cruz vs. Cody Garbrandt, if Cody is ready for a title shot, if KO power will make a difference, the rivalry and how emotions will play a factor, Ronda Rousey vs. Amanda Nunes, Rousey's decision to return, the reports of her getting emotional after the staredown with Amanda Nunes, how their skillsets stack up, Rousey's mental state, and more. Robin also explains why Joe Rogan gave him the greatest gift of all.
- John Morgan (MMA Junkie) makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss some of his favourite moments from travelling on the road covering MMA, how 2016 compared to past years in MMA, his favourite MMA event of all time, if the UFC will struggle to draw PPV's in early 2017 due to stars being booked, who Ronda Rousey should fight next, his best ever Christmas gifts, and more!
- Sean Sheehan (SevereMMA) returns to Submission Radio to discuss the UFC's featherweight division since Conor McGregor was stripped of the title and Max Holloway became interim champion, Jose Aldo regaining the belt and if he loses credibility, Aldo stating that he wants to move up to lightweight and rematch Conor McGregor, Conor receiving his boxing license and what would have to happen in order for him to fight Floyd Mayweather, Sean's best presents ever and more!
- Tommy Toe Hold makes a special appearance to get everyone ready for the holiday season and look back on a fun 2016 in the MMA world!
- Elias Cepeda (Champions.co) returns to Submission Radio to discuss a wide range of topics, including the UFC's decision to implement a women's featherweight division but exclude Cris Cyborg from the inaugural title fight, if it was a snub to the Invicta featherweight champion, the fight between Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie. Also, Elias breaks down UFC on Fox 22 and such fights as Alan Jouban vs. Mike Perry, Urijah Faber vs. Brad Pickett, Sage Northcutt vs. Mickey Gall and the main event between Michelle Waterson vs. Paige VanZant. Elias also shares his best ever holiday presents!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_109_John_Morgan_Robin_Black_Tommy_Toe_Hold_Elias_Cepeda_Sean_Sheehan.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 3:38pm AEST
Mon, 12 December 2016
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Tony Ferguson starts at: 5:45
- Urijah Faber returns to Submission Radio to discuss to his final retirement fight against Brad Pickett at UFC on Fox 22, why he chose to retire, how Team Alpha Male and the UFC reacted to the news, how he feels about Brad as his final opponent and if it's a fitting end to his career, the possibility of both of them retiring on the night, how he looks back on his career and if he's satisfied, his rivalry with Dominick Cruz, what he'll do now that he's moving on, Dominick Cruz vs. Cody Garbrandt at UFC 207, his thoughts on the MMA Athletes Association and if he'd become a part of it, and more!
- Tony Ferguson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his win over Rafael dos Anjos, if there's any update on when he'll fight Khabib Nurmagomedov, his feelings on the fight potentially taking place in Russia, how he stacks up against the Russian grappling machine, why Conor McGregor poses no threat to himself or Khabib Nurmagomedov, McGregor being a "paper champ" and picking his fights, becoming the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, holding UFC titles in multiple different weight classes, potentially moving to featherweight or welterweight, naming his dog after a Jiu Jitsu move, how he's entering the Christmas season, and lots more!
- Frank Shamrock returns to Submission Radio to discuss a wide range of topics, including Conor McGregor demanding equity from the UFC and getting a boxing license, if he could actually fight Floyd Mayweather and why Floyd would stand nothing to gain from the bout,, what Frank's advice would be to the Irishman in order to get what he wants, the MMA Athletes association and why Frank thinks it's too late, how he tried to fight Mike Tyson, his upcoming biopic about a celebrity struggling with mental health issues and a TV show on medicinal marijuana, his best ever birthday gift, and lots more!
- "King Mo" Muhammed Lawal returns to Submission Radio to discuss his upcoming fight against Satoshi Ishii at Bellator 169 in Dublin, Ireland, why Mo had such a long layoff after his loss to Phil Davis, the problems with MMA judging, chasing rematches with Quinton Rampage Jackson and Phil Davis, who he'd rather face between Chael Sonnen or Fedor Emelianenko, who wins between Fedor and Matt Mitrione, his thoughts on the Rizin open-weight grand prix and who he thinks could win, if he'd be open to filling in for Wanderlei Silva and fighting Mirko Cro Cop, potentially fighting Shane Carwin, stories of sparring with Shane and how hard Shane used to hit, and more!
- Mike Dyce (Sports Illustrated/Fansided) returns to the program to help break down the action from UFC 206 and such fights as Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis, what's next for Holloway and Pettis, Donald Cerrone vs. Matt Brown, Cowboy Cerrone's recent comments regarding his involvement in the MMAAA, Cub Swanson vs. Doo Ho Choi and Kelvin Gastelum vs. Tim Kennedy. Also, Mike joins Kacper and Denis to reveal the top 5 Nicolas Cage movies!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_108_Urijah_Faber_Tony_Ferguson_Frank_Shamrock_King_Mo_Mike_Dyce__UFC_206.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:24am AEST
Mon, 5 December 2016
Submission Radio #107 Tim Kennedy, Cole Miller, Ryan Bader, Luke Thomas, Damon Martin + UFC TUF 24 Finale
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Ryan Bader starts at: 3:15
- Tim Kennedy returns to Submission Radio to discuss the recent announcement and launch of the Mixed Martial Arts Athletes Association which he is a part of, the general goals of the MMAAA, how him and Georges St-Pierre, Donald Cerrone TJ Dillashaw, Cain Velasquez and Bjorn Rebney all got together, the criticisms of the former Bellator owner being a part of the movement and why it’s necessary to have Bjorn there, the potential of a labour strike, who is funding the efforts of the association, his UFC 206 fight against Kelvin Gastelum and more!
- Cole Miller makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss his recent frustration with the UFC in the leadup to his fight against Mizuto Hirota, the cancelation of the original bout and the lengthy delay in the rescheduled date, receiving less than one third of his show money, the lack of communication from the UFC and being denied a meeting, not feeling valued by the company, the way in which this situation has led to a complete lack of motivation in the gym for him, being unsure if he wants to continue fighting, if this fight at UFC on FOX 22 will be the last of his career, and more.
- Ryan Bader returns to Submission Radio to discuss his win over Antonio “Rogerio” Nogueira and current status as a free agent, if the UFC has offered him a new contract since his win over Lil Nog at UFC Sao Paulo, his standing in the light heavyweight division title picture, if he was offered to fill in for Daniel Cormier against Anthony Johnson at UFC 206, the reshuffling of the UFC 206 card and Conor McGregor being stripped of his featherweight belt, his worth and leverage in the UFC’s aging light heavyweight division, if the UFC title is still as important to him, his thoughts on the launch of the Mixed Martial Arts Athletes Association and if he’s interested in joining, starting his own business to secure his future, and more.
- Luke Thomas returns to Submission Radio to discuss MMA’s hot topics, including Conor McGregor being stripped of the UFC featherweight title, the Irishman’s silence since the situation happened, McGregor receiving his boxing license in California and what this means for a potential Floyd Mayweather fight, the launch of the Mixed Martial Arts Athletes Association and what Luke’s thoughts are, Bjorn Rebney being a part of the association, if Conor McGregor would ever join an association, and more!
- Damon Martin joins the Submission Radio roundtable discussion to help break down the UFC Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale and such fights as Demetrious Johnson vs. Tim Elliot, Joseph Benavidez vs. Henry Cejudo and what’s next for both men, Jake Ellenberger vs. Jorge Masvidal and the abrupt and unfortunate way in which the bout ended, Sara McMann vs. Alexis Davis, Gray Maynard vs. Ryan Hall, as well as the launch of the Mixed Martial Arts Athletes Association and why it may not be as successful as people think!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_107_Tim_Kennedy_Cole_Miller_Ryan_Bader_Luke_Thomas_Damon_Martin__UFC_TUF_24_Finale.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:39am AEST