Mon, 24 August 2015
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Mark Hunt returns to Submission Radio to talk about his big fight at UFC 193 against Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva in a rematch of their classic 2013 war. The Super Samoan talks about Bigfoot's failed post-fight drug test, if he thinks it was an accident or not, fighters who try to get an advantage, how much he really wanted this rematch and how much TRT affected the outcome, Fedor Emelianenko's return to Mixed Martial Arts, the possibility of Fedor going to the UFC and Mark originally wanting to welcome him in Melbourne, managing his weight better, if he's really going vegan, how hard it is to actually go vegan or vegetarian, training at AKA Thailand, his clothing line 'Juggernaut', and more.
- Urijah Faber returns to Submission Radio to discuss The Ultimate Fighter and what it's been like coaching opposite Conor McGregor. Urijah talks about the physical confrontations between the two, Conor McGregor not enjoying being manhandled, how a fight between them would go, if it's frustrated that he doesn't get to fight Conor at the end of the show, tough weight cuts for him and Conor, what his thoughts are on Conor as a person, the confrontations between Conor and TJ Dillashaw at after parties and media, the possible super-fight between Conor and TJ, when Urijah will fight next, what weightclass and who he'd want to fight, the Pornstar Kleio Valentien claiming that he's the hottest UFC fighter, Chad Mendes and how he's doing since his loss at UFC 189, Urijah's thoughts on Duane Ludwig and the ugly split from Team Alpha Male, why Duane shouldn't talk about Team Alpha Male fighters anymore, and much more!
- Robert Whittaker makes his first on-show appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his big fight at UFC 193 against Michael Bisping, how he'll handle the Brit's trash talk and if he'll engage in some of his own, if he thinks 'The Count' has slowed down since his eye injury, why Bisping is so tough, how he matches up against Bisping and what advantages he has, how it feels to be fighting at such a large and monumental event, flying under the radar, crowd-pleasing, his love for video games and his favourite gaming console, who he thinks will win between Chris Weidman and Luke Rockhold, his over Brad Tavares in Adelaide and how his life has changed since the birth of his son, and more.
- Jason High makes a quick appearance on Submission Radio to give an update on his one year suspension coming to an end, being signed by World Series of Fighting and finding his new home, how hard it was to sit on the shelf for so long, what he did for work during that time, looking back on the incident which saw him shoving the referee after his loss to Rafael Dos Anjos, the double standard of fighters being punished while referees like Steve Mazzagatti remain unpunished, the NSAC mistakenly releasing Jon Jones' failed cocaine drug test and potentially damaging his reputation, WSOF champion Justin Gaethje and fighting for the title.
- Also on the show is discussion on the announcement that Ronda Rousey will not fight Miesha Tate and instead will be facing Holly Holm at UFC 195, the announcement that UFC 193 will take place at Etihad Stadium and if the UFC can pack 70,000 fans into the venue. Other topics include a breakdown of UFC Fight Night Saskatoon and such fights as Max Holloway vs Charles Oliveira, Neil Magny vs Erick Silva, Patrick Cote vs Josh Burkman, Francisco Trinaldo vs Chad Laprise, Frankie Perez vs Sam Stout and Michael Bisping's comments following Perez's retirement, and many more.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_63_Mark_Hunt_Urijah_Faber_Robert_Whittaker_Jason_High__UFC_Saskatoon.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:25pm AEDT
Mon, 17 August 2015
Submission Radio #62 Demetrious Johnson, Johny Hendricks, Ryan Bader, Kleio Valentien, Elias Cepeda + Anderson's suspension
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Former UFC Welterweight Champion Johny Hendricks returns to Submission Radio to discus his fight against Tyron Woodley at UFC 192 in Texas. Big Rigg talks about how it feels to be returning to fight in Texas for the fourth time and keeping his hometown undefeated streak alive, if he thought he would originally get the title shot against Robbie Lawler, how he felt when Carlos Condit got the fight instead, being passed up for a more exciting opponent, thoughts on UFC rankings and if they mean anything, who he thinks will win out of Lawler and Condit, how he stacks up against Tyron Woodley, who has the better MMA wrestling, working on his striking and reminding the world of his knockout power, how a third fight against Robbie Lawler would go, if he thinks that a win over Tyron will be the won to get him a title shot, his diet and weight, his Harley ride around America, and more.
- UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson returns to Submission Radio to talk about his fight against John Dodson at UFC 191, among other things. Mighty Mouse talks about the conversation UFC head of PR Dave Sholler had with him about opening up and not censoring himself, being himself more and getting his personality out there, his thoughts on Dodson's last performance and his confidence, John Dodson's weaknesses and him saying that DJ is a "plague" in the division, if he believes that cardio was actually a factor in their original fight, wanting to break the record for most title defenses before moving up to Bantamweight for any Superfights, being open to fighting TJ Dillashaw and why 2 million dollars would be the price tag, video games and what he's been playing recently, the Star Wars Battlefront game, playing more Playstation these days, his favourite console of all time, what a typical day in the life of Demetrious Johnson looks like, and more.
- Ryan Bader returns to Submission Radio to talk about his big fight against Rashad Evans at UFC 192 in Texas. "Master" reflects on his reaction when he got passed over for the next title shot, Gustafsson being picked despite coming off a brutal knockout loss, if the UFC rankings mean anything, the conversation he had with Dana White over the phone, if Dana made any comments about his style or promised him the next title shot, his thoughts on Anthony Rumble Johnson calling him boring, if he feels pressure to switch up his style in order to please the crowd more and get a title shot, the recent twitter beef between him, Rashad and Daniel Cormier, if Rashad's comments bothered him, if he thinks that Rashad is slowing down in his age, his thoughts on Rashad's bad luck with injuries over the recent years, who has the better wrestling for MMA and what his keys to victory are, calling out the champion after UFC 192, scorpions and heaps more!
- Kleio Valentien makes her first ever appearance on Submission Radio to talk about her upcoming Porn Parody Ronda Arouse me, where she takes on the role of UFC female Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. Kleio talks about what got her into the adult film business, what her parent's reactions were, if she was into porn before she got into it, how much of an MMA fan she actually is, if she felt pressure to live up to the role of Ronda, Ronda's reaction to the parody and if she's had any contact with Ronda, if there will be any characters based on Edmond Tarverdyan and Dana White, Joe Rogan's character, her favourite sex position, who the hottest MMA fighter is, if she could do a scene with one female on the UFC roster who it would be, porn trivia, which TV ladies man she'd sleep with, hardest thing about the Porn industry, how a typical shoot goes and how long it lasts, meeting fans on the street and getting recognized at the grocery store, what makes a man a good lover, and more!
- Also on the show is Fox Sports's Elias Cepeda who joins Kacper and Denis for a roundtable discussion on Ronda Rousey cracking the Forbes list and making $6.5 million dollars last year, if it's enough given her stardom, Anderson Silva's NSAC hearing and suspension, if the case was handled correctly, if it damages Anderson's legacy, the current UFC heavyweight picture, if Cain Velasquez deserved the next shot at Werdum, thoughts on the supporting cast and why the UFC doesn't want to promote Stipe Miocic, how Fedor fits into the picture, and more.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_62_Demetrious_Johnson_Johny_Hendricks_Ryan_Bader_Kleio_Valentien_Elias_Cepeda.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 4:24am AEDT
Mon, 10 August 2015
Submission Radio #61 Josh Koscheck, Edmond Tarverdyan, Dr AnnMaria De Mars, Jimmy Smith + UFC Nashville
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Former world champion Judoka and mother of UFC female Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, Dr. AnnMaria De Mars returns to Submission Radio to talk about her recent trip to Brazil for UFC 190, Ronda's 34 second demolition of Bethe Correia, why Ronda should've and could've beaten her even faster, if her comments on finishing the fight as quickly as possible played a part in the length of the fight, Bethe's comments on Ronda's father's suicide and how they affected her, Ronda leaving the UFC championship belt in the Brazilian Judo academy, Ronda's grandmother watching the Entourage movie, the story behind the term "Do Nothing Bitches", Ronda's book, if Ronda would take Cris Cyborg up on a catchweight fight, if Cyborg can be given the benefit of the doubt after failing a drug test in the past, the rematch against Miesha Tate and how it will go, and more.
- Josh Koscheck makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss his recent departure from the UFC, why he chose Bellator, how long he had been planning to leave, feeling like a free man, whether he approached Dana White before he left the company, what it was like leaving after being such a big part of the company for 10 years, the way he was treated in the past, feeling like he was forced to sign an underpaying contract after the Ultimate Fighter, what it would take to start a fighter's union, his real relationship with GSP and the conversations they had during TUF, his other businesses, the day of the Reebok uniform unveiling, being excited for the Paul Daly rematch, Paul's pathetic wrestling and how he sees the rematch going, if he plans on fighting for another title, and more.
- Bellator color commentator Jimmy Smith makes his debut on Submission Radio to talk about a variety of subjects, including Fedor's return to MMA, if he thinks "The Last Emperor" will go to UFC or Bellator, what it was like spending time with Fedor and what kind of person he really is, how Fedor Emelianenko would do in a rematch against Fabricio Werdum, Rousimar Palhares performance against Jake Shields at WSOF 22, the eye gouging and holding on to the Kimura too long, why Jimmy would have no problem with Rousimar being banned from the sport, his own personal MMA career, fight and beating TV personality Jason Chambers, why he decided to hang it up, Bellator 142: Dynamite and his position in commentary, his relationship with Joe Rogan and even having his own mother mistake the two, UFC his voice and Joe's, and more.
- Ronda Rousey's coach and trainer Edmond Tarverdyan returns to Submission Radio to talk about Ronda's recent performance at UFC 190 against Bethe Correia, what improvements Ronda could have made, thoughts on how Ronda's striking looked, if he's sick of training Ronda for fights against Miesha Tate, how he sees the rematch going and if Miesha's improved striking could pose any problems for Ronda, Holly Holm as a possible contender and how Ronda would handle Holly's lateral movement and distance control, the big fight against Cris Cyborg, if Ronda would meet Cyborg at 140 or 145 because she used to fight heavier in the past, Cyborg's striking, Floyd Mayweather deciding to fight Andre Berto for his final fight, how close he was to fighting Dennis Hallman on the Ultimate Fighter, and more.
- Also on the show is discussion on UFC Fight Night Nashville and such fights as Glover Teixeira vs Ovince Saint Preux, the controversial Michael Johnson vs Beneil Dariush, Derek Brunson vs Sam Alvey, Jared Rosholt vs TimothyJohnson, Amanda Nunes vs Sara McMann, Ray Borg vs Geane Herrera, Uriah Hall vs Oluwale Bamgbose, and more.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_61_Josh_Koscheck_Edmond_Tarverdyan_Dr_AnnMaria_De_Mars_Jimmy_Smith__UFC_Nashville.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 4:13am AEDT
Mon, 3 August 2015
This week's Guests on the show include:
- TJ Dillashaw fresh off his victory over Renan Barao at UFC on FOX 16 returns to Submission Radio to talk about what he thought of his performance, how it feels to have Barao behind him, if Barao needs to move up to Featherweight, Dominick Cruz's comments on him being a "wannabe" and how when he returns the Bantamweight division can "get back on track". Dillashaw also discusses Cruz's comments about his coach Duane Ludwig and saying that he could be Duane's coach, how a potential fight against Cruz would play out, when TJ sees himself returning, "The Dominator" acting like Conor McGregor and talking trash, what happened to Chad Mendes in the Conor McGregor fight, if he thinks that Chad beats Conor on a full training camp.
- Jake Shields returns to Submission Radio right after his controversial loss to Rousimar Palhares at WSOF 22. Moments after being cleared from hospital, Jake talks about his immediate reaction to the fight, the eye-gouging, how the thumbs to the eye affected his performance, Steve Mazzagatti's refereeing, the kimura, if he thinks Palhares held the submission on too long, the reactions of Ray Sefo and Ali Abdel-aziz, what he thinks should happen with Rousimar and if he thinks he should be punished or suspended, thoughts on a rematch, and more.
- Alex Chambers makes her first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss her fight against Paige VanZant at UFC 191. "Astro Girl" chats about her background in astrophysics, her experience on The Ultimate Fighter 20, her come-from-behind win against Kailin Curran at UFC Adelaide, her coach telling her that if she didn't win she'd be out of the UFC, if she was surprised that she was matched up against Paige, being an underdog at UFC 191 and the UFC building up Paige VanZant, training at American Top Team and what she's been working on, if an army of Terminator robots could potentially take over Australia, filming the UFC commercial in a park at night, and more.
- Coach Mike Winkeljohn returns to Submission Radio to talk about some of his star pupils, including Carlos Condit challenging Rory MacDonald for the Welterweight title, his thoughts on the Lawler/MacDonald matchup that took place at UFC 189, Donald Cowboy Cerrone possibly fighting Rafael Dos Anjos in a rematch for the UFC lightweight title, if he thinks cowboy might fight earlier, if Cowboy has made the necessary improvements and adjustments to not get controlled on the ground, Cerrone's allegations of RDA being on PEDs, Andrei Arlovski fighting Frank Mir at UFC 191, the advantages of previously training Frank and knowing his game, Mir's improved boxing and performance against Todd Duffee, Mir's weight gain and if he is lazy in the gym, Holy Holm and how soon she'll fight Ronda Rousey, if there's another side to Holly that we haven't seen yet, John Dodson having a rematch against Demetrious Johnson at UFC 191 and what the difference will be this time.
- Also on the show is discussion on UFC 190 and fights such as Ronda Rousey vs Bethe Correia, Mauricio Shogun Rua vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Stefan Struve vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Bigfoot Silva vs Soa Palelei, Claudia Gadelha vs Jessica Aguilar, Demian Maia vs Neil Magny, Patrick Cummins vs Rafael Cavalcante, and more!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_60_TJ_Dillashaw_Jake_Shields_Alex_Chambers_Coach_Wink__UFC_190__WSOF_22_optimized.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 5:35am AEDT