Mon, 21 November 2016
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Luke Rockhold starts at: 4:22
- Luke Rockhold returns to Submission Radio to discuss his recent injury that forced him to withdraw from his fight against Rondaldo Jacare Souza at UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs. Brunson, why he might be out longer than expected, who he wants upon his return, Gegard Mousasi, Chris Weidman losing devastatingly to Yoel Romero in New York, Michael Bisping vs. Yoel Romero, AKA teammate Khabib Nurmagoedov's dominant victory over Michael Johnson at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, how a fight against Conor McGregor would go and McGregor eyeing a fight against Tyron Woodley for the welterweight belt, and more!
- Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his welterweight title fight against Tyron Woodley at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, the Bruce Buffer's bizarre correcting of the draw and if he thought he won, why Tyron has so much success against him compared to his more recent opponents, what he learned and why he'll win the rematch, if Dana White or the UFC have confirmed that the rematch will take place, Conor McGregor eyeing a fight against Tyron for the welterweight title, his thoughts on Conor McGregor's chances at welterweight, the reaction from the students at his karate school, Chris Weidman's brutal loss against Yoel Romero, and more!
- Cris Cyborg returns to Submission Radio to discuss what's next for her career, what weight she'll be fight at next, if her next fight will be in the UFC or Invicta FC, if she'll ever make the brutal cut to 140 ever again, if she's spoken to Dana White or the UFC about bringing in a 145 pound women's division or defending her Invicta belt in the UFC, Miesha Tate retiring from MMA after her loss to Raquel Pennington at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, Ronda Rousey taking on Amanda Nunes at UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey for the bantamweight title instead of facing her, who wins and Rousey potentially retiring with a loss, if the superfight will ever happen, her training in Thailand, the holiday season and more!
- Damon Martin (Fox Sports) returns to Submission Radio to join the roundtable discussion and recap UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, if McGregor is likely to fight before May and who his next opponent will be, Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson and if they'll ever get their title shots, how Khabib can become an even bigger star, and what this means for McGregor's 145 belt and the featherweight division. Damon also breaks down the rematch between Gegard Mousasi vs. Uriah Hall at UFC Belfast, what's next for both men, Claudia Gadalha beating Cortney Casey at UFC Sao Paulo, the controversial head kick, Ryan Bader's brutal destruction of Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, what's next for Ryan Bader's career and if he stays in the UFC or goes over to Bellator, Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione being officially set for Bellator 172, Georges St-Pierre hanging out backstage at Bellator 165 and if he would ever sign with the promotion, and more!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_106_Stephen_Thompson_Luke_Rockhold_Cris_Cyborg_Damon_Martin.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:46am AEST
Mon, 14 November 2016
Submission Radio chat to a line of great MMA journalists, including Ariel Helwani, Brett Okamoto, Mike Dyce and Adam Hill and discuss UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, Conor's KO victory over Eddie Alvarez to become the new lightweight champion and first dual champion in UFC history, his big announcement, wanting equity and ownership of UFC, the excellent welterweight title fight between Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson, the controversial reading of the draw decision, if an immediate rematch makes sense, Miesha Tate's retirement after her loss to Raquel Pennington, the event itself and the feel of the arena and crowd and lots more.
Direct download: REACTION_-_UFC_205_Alvarez_vs._McGregor_Post-Fight_Submission_Radio.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 5:14pm AEST
Fri, 11 November 2016
A light reaction and breakdown of the UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor pre-fight press conference and open workouts as discussed by Jim Edwards (FloCombat), Adam Hill (Las Vegas Review Journal), Denis Shkuratov and Kacper Rosolowski.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_REACTION_to_UFC_205_Press_Conference.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:47pm AEST
Mon, 7 November 2016
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Sean Sheehan starts at: 4:35
- Sean Sheehan from SevereMMA.com makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss the current hype levels in Ireland for UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, how big McGregor has gotten over the last few years and how his celebrity compares to football/soccer players, what it is about the Irish that make them such passionate fans, his predictions for the three title fights on the card, including Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez, what McGregor will do after UFC 205 and if he’ll walk away from the sport, plus lots more!
- Robin Black (The Fight Network) returns to Submission Radio to break down Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson and Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor, as well as discuss his genius invention, the “Sapp/Alvarez scale”.
- Tommy Toe Hold makes a surprise appearance (at the 1:04:55 mark) to give his top reasons for being excited for UFC 205.
- Damon Martin (Fox Sports) joins the roundtable discussion to break down The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 3 Finale and such fights as Ricardo Lamas vs. Charles Oliveira, Diego Sanchez vs. Marcin Held and Tony Ferguson vs. Rafael Dos Anjos. Damon also helps predict the three main events at UFC 205, including Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson and Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_105_UFC_205_Preview_-_Robin_Black_Sean_Sheehan_Damon_Martin_Tommy_Toe_Hold.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:58am AEST