Sun, 28 August 2016
Submission Radio and Adam Hill (Las Vegas Review Journal) break down UFC on Fox: Maia vs. Condit, AKA UFC on Fox 21 and all the action and stories, including fights such as Carlos Condit vs. Demian Maia, Anthony Pettis vs. Charles Oliveira, Paige VanZant vs. Bec Rawlings, Joe Lauzon vs. Jim Miller, Sam Alvey vs. Kevin Casey, as well as who deserves the next title shot at welterweight, Anthony Pettis' debut at featherweight, VanZant's return and highlight reel knockout, if Joe Lauzon was robbed, Sam Alvey's awkward post-fight speech and more!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_UFC_on_FOX_21_Breakdown_Adam_Hill.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:22pm AEST
Sun, 14 August 2016
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Julianna Pena starts at: 3:45
- Urijah Faber returns to Submission Radio to discuss what went wrong against Dominick Cruz at UFC 199, the wild antics of his teammate and training partner Teruto Ishihara, his prediction for Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor at UFC 202, why he still wants to fight Conor McGregor before he retires, his fight against Jimmy Rivera at UFC 203, nearing the end of his career and why he may call it quits after this next fight, future title shots and why TJ Dillashaw would be his best path to the title, and more!
- Julianna Pena returns to Submission Radio to talk about her title campaign since her win over Cat Zingano at UFC 200 and Amanda Nunes becoming the women’s UFC bantamweight champion, Holly Holm’s upset loss to Valentina Shevchenko and why it exposed Holly, why nobody deserves the next title shot more than herself, fighters choosing “money fights” instead of facing top-ranked opponents, Amanda being scared of her and Valentina and saying that they need to face each other, the division still revolving around Ronda Rousey and why it’s time to move on, Rousey being a bully and why Julianna wants to send her into permanent retirement, her physical capabilities since her brutal leg injury, her commentary work and which legendary commentator inspires her, and more!
- Dave Meltzer of MMA Fighting and The Wrestling Observer returns to Submission Radio to discuss the current hot topics in MMA, Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz at UFC 202, the flat buildup and if UFC 202 can do more PPV buys than UFC 196, if and why this rematch will be different to the first fight, McGregor’s change in approach vs Nate’s full training camp, what 2 losses in a row does to McGregor’s drawing power and marketability, Conor McGregor’s tweet and feud with the WWE roster and the responses from wrestlers like Ric Flair and Chris Jericho, if Ronda Rousey will return at all in 2017 and just how much the UFC bantamweight division needs her, Kayla Harrison at the 2016 Rio Olympic games and if she could transition into MMA like Ronda Rousey, UFC 200’s overall success and PPV buys, and lots more.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_97_Urijah_Faber_Stipe_Miocic_Julianna_Pena_Dave_Meltzer.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:09pm AEST
Mon, 8 August 2016
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Coach Mike Winkeljohn starts at: 4:26
- Pat Miletich returns to Submission Radio to discuss the current state of the UFC welterweight division, Tyron Woodley knocking out Robbie Lawler to become the new UFC welterweight champion, who’s next for Tyron and the possibilities of Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz returning, how a Diaz/Woodley fight would play out, where those fights would put #1 contender Stephen Thompson, what Wonderboy needs to do to get more popular and get pushed, why Pat thinks Nate Diaz will hurt Conor McGregor in their rematch at UFC 202, if Conor McGregor can still have success at welterweight, how training for a 100 mile run affects the body and also the mental barriers that Pat has to overcome, Pat’s new podcast and more!
- Nate Diaz’s boxing coach Richard Perez returns to Submission Radio to talk about the rematch between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor at UFC 202, the lack of trash talk in the lead up to this fight, Nate’s motivation this time around considering Nate already beat McGregor, his reaction to the bout finally being made and why Nate should be paid more, Nate’s recent media schedule and appearance on Conor O’Brien, Nate’s mindset of always expecting to get knocked out in fights, why Nate felt played by the UFC, the Vegas betting odds and his shock that McGregor is the favourite, how different this camp has been to the one prior to UFC 196, what he’s expecting from Conor and if they’ve brought in sparring partners to emulate McGregor, if he sees this rematch playing out longer than the first fight, Nick Diaz’s potential return and fight against Tyron Woodley, Nick’s claims that he was drugged prior to his fight against GSP, and lots more.
- Coach Mike Winkeljohn returns to Submission Radio to discuss Jon Jones being pulled from UFC 200 and what his reaction was, how the public have reacted and judged Jon, what happens next and if Jon can still come back in his prime, Chael Sonnen’s accusations about Jon hiding under a cage to avoid USADA, Holly Holm’s upset loss to Valentina Shevchenko and what went wrong, if there’s regrets about taking the fight, Holm’s mindset after losing her title and back to back losses, what’s next for Holly and if a fight against Cris Cyborg is out of the question, Mike’s thoughts on the women’s bantamweight division and who deserves the next title shot against Amanda Nunes, Donald Cerrone and if he’ll fight Eddie Alvarez again to become the UFC lightweight champion, and lots more.
- Damien Brown makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss his big KO win at UFC 201, the bread party he had afterwards, his past as a baker, how his first ever training camp affected his performance, his regular job and working at a jail as a prison officer, what people may not know about working in prisons and dealing with inmates, why he was forced to leave the Australian Army, his original goals of simply making it to the UFC and how they’ve recently been updated, why he wants to fight Sage Northcutt next, and lots more.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_96_Pat_Miletich_Richard_Perez_Coach_Wink_Damien_Brown__UFC_Utah.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 3:56am AEST