Thu, 27 April 2017
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Ryan Bader starts at: 3:07
- Jorge 'Gamebred' Masvidal makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss his upcoming fight against Demian Maia at UFC 211, why he called out Maia when so many other fighters didn't want to fight him, why Maia's usual tricks won't work on him, where Maia ranks compared to his past opponents, why he loves wrestling so much, how much the UFC values him and if they'll promote him more after this fight, how his frustration almost led him to take a different path with his career and even contemplate professional boxing, his $200,000 bet with Dana White, facing his ATT teammate Tyron Woodley for the title, the possibility of facing Nick Diaz, his recent trip to Columbia and the cuisine he ate there, and lots more!
- Ryan 'Darth' Bader returns to the program to discuss the recent announcement of King Mo withdrawing from thier bout and him now facing Phil Davis at Bellator 180 for the light heavyweight title, what's different about this fight and if he feels like Phil has improved since he beat him, Phil's comments and if he thinks "Mr Wonderful" is underestimating him, what it's like to finally be fighting for a world title, how it feels to officially be out of the UFC, his thoughts on Anthony Johnson's retirement, who he'd like to face out of Chael Sonnen, Wanderlei Silva, Matt Mitrione or Fedor Emelianenko, his "Master Bader" series where he appears to be giving fight tips while naked, his gun and knife skills, chasing away a coyote with a kids tricycle and more!
- Ronda Rousey's Judo coach, Justin Flores makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about Judo in MMA, how he began training MMA fighters, how he met Ronda and what made their relationship so special, Ronda's loss to Amanda Nunes at UFC 207, how much the loss to Holly Holm affected Ronda and if she ever truly recovered, Edmond Tarverdyan's influence and if Ronda would ever train with another striking coach, why Ronda never utilised traditional wrestling takedowns, if Ronda will ever return to the UFC and fight again, and more!
- Tommy Toe Hold makes a fun appearance to list the top three biggest possible fights for international fight week!
- 'Big Rigg' Johnny Hendricks returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Tim Boetsch at UFC Fight Night 112, life as a middleweight and what it was like to beat Hector Lombard and get his first win in two years, getting his love back for MMA, the most brutal cuts of his career, what his preperations look like these days, putting the retirement talk to rest, how he feels he matches up against Boetsch, Georges St-Pierre returning as a middleweight against Michael Bisping, who Johny thinks will win, why Johny wants to retire GSP again, his title aspirations and more!
- Elias Cepeda (FloCombat) joins the roundtable to discuss the recent big topics in MMA, including the aftermath from UFC Nashville, Mike Perry and Jake Ellenberger's futures, if Diego Sanchez should retire, Al Iaquinta's ongoing frustrations with the UFC, Cris Cyborg's heated relationship with the UFC, and more!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_122_Masvidal_Bader_Hendricks_Tommy_Toe_Hold_Justin_Flores_Elias_Cepeda.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:27am AEST
Thu, 20 April 2017
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Gunnar Nelson starts at: 5:59
- Luke Rockhold returns to Submission Radio to talk about his impending octagon return and his knee finally working again, Robert Whittaker’s win over Jacare Souza at UFC on FOX 24, if Rockhold expected Whittaker to come so far in the division, why he wants to face Whittaker and how he sees himself beating the Australian, whether or not he’d want his next fight to be for an interim title, GSP vs. Bisping still not having a set date, if there’s still interest in facing Yoel Romero, being offered Anderson Silva at UFC 212 and why Anderson didn’t accept the fight, wanting to face Fabricio Werdum at heavyweight, how the beef with Fabricio originally started, how he would beat Werdum, how much of a factor the size difference would be and lots more!
- Robert Whittaker returns to Submission Radio to discuss his big KO win over Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza at UFC on FOX 24, if there was anything that surprised him about Jacare, what went through his mind during Jacare’s takedown attempts and when he dropped the Brazilian, how he avoided being starstruck and if he spoke to Jacare backstage afterwards, his thoughts on a possible fight with Luke Rockhold next, if he’d be ready to fight at UFC 213, if he may potentially sit out and wait for a title shot, the current state of the middleweight division and the title being tied up, how important it is for him to eventually get the Michael Bisping fight booked again after it fell through at UFC 193 and more!
- Gunnar Nelson returns to Submission Radio to reflect on his win over Alan Jouban at UFC London and discuss what’s next, the potential fight against Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson, his thoughts on Thompson’s performance against Tyron Woodley at UFC 209, if it gave him confidence that he could beat Wonderboy, Tyron Woodley as a champion and if he could hold the belt long-term, who would win between Tyron Woodley and Demian Maia, where he feels he stands in the division and how important it is for him to climb the rankings, what he learned from the Jouban fight and why he felt different than ever before, his Playstation addiction, playing Call of Duty online and meeting up with gamers in real life, and lots more!
- Jake Shields returns to Submission Radio to discuss his upcoming grappling match against Dillon Danis at Submission Underground 4, his thoughts on Danis’ vocal personality and how it’s rubbed people the wrong way, Marcelo Garcia suspending Danis from his gym and if he feels like the grappling community is picking him, the beef between the two dating back to the infamous UFC 202 pre-fight press conference, why Jake threw coffee at Dillon and if he actually hit him, Dillon’s grappling skills and how he sees himself beating him, his future in MMA and World Series of Fighting, if he’d like to make up for last year and get some more MMA fights this year, and lots more!
- Damon Martin of FOX Sports joins the roundtable to discuss a variety of hot topics, including the UFC on FOX 24 aftermath, Robert Whittaker vs. Jacare Souza, Michelle Waterson vs. Rose Namajunas, Demetrious Johnson vs. Wilson Reis, what’s next for Mighty Mouse and if super fights against Cody Garbrandt or TJ Dillashaw make sense, the low ratings from UFC on FOX 24 and if that will affect Demetrious’ UFC future, Tyron Woodley announcing that he started training camp and who his opponent could be, Jon Jones being offered a fight at UFC 214 and if he should fight Daniel Cormier or take a tune-up fight, rumors of Cris Cyborg fighting at UFC 214, as well as a prediction for Cub Swanson vs. Artem Lobov.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_121_Luke_Rockhold_Robert_Whittaker_Gunnar_Nelson_Jake_Shields_Damon_Martin.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:35am AEST
Mon, 10 April 2017
Robin Black (The Fight Network) and Sean Sheehan (Severe MMA) join Submission Radio to discuss and break down all the action and controversy from UFC 210: Cormier vs Johnson 2. Among the discussion are fights such as Daniel Cormier vs Anthony Rumble Johnson, Cormier's post-fight promo, Johnson's surprise retirement, Chris Weidman vs Gegard Mousasi, the illegal/legal knee that lead to the end of the fight, Cynthia Calvillo vs Pearl Gonzalez, Thiago Alves vs. Patrick Cote and Cote's subsequent retirement, Will Brooks vs. Charles Oliveira and more!
John Kavanagh competition winner reveal at: 1:50
Direct download: Submission_Radio_-_UFC_210_Breakdown_-_Robin_Black_Sean_Sheehan.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:11pm AEST
Tue, 4 April 2017
This week's Guests on the show include:
- John Kavanagh competition winner starts at: 2:52
- John Morgan (MMA Junkie) returns to Submission Radio to preview UFC 210: Cormier vs. Johnson 2 and discuss the overlooked exciting fights on the undercard, the lack of names on the UFC's recent PPV's, Chris Weidman vs. Gegard Mousasi and the messy state of the UFC middleweight division, what exactly both guys are fighting for, whether Mousasi vs. Whittaker made more sense, Michael Bisping threatening to face Yoel Romero instead of GSP, if the UFC will make an interim middlweight title if GSP beats Michael Bisping, what international fight week might look like this year, Daniel Cormier's legacy and with his age and broadcasting duties how much longer he'll keep fighting for, predictions for the main card, what it's like finally getting an NFL team in Las Vegas and more!
- Luke Thomas (Sirius XM) returns to Submission Radio to preview UFC 210 and discuss the general excitement level for this card, what's at stake between Chris Weidman and Gegard Mousasi and where it leaves the winner, Michael Bisping's threats of facing Yoel Romero instead of GSP and how the superfight has jammed the division, Mousasi's comments on free agency and if he would leave the UFC for Bellator, how devastating a loss would be for Weidman at this point in his career, how much the title fight means for Daniel Cormier's career, what Anthony Johnson needs to do in order to improve and beat Cormier, if Rumble has what it takes to potentially give Jon Jones problems, the unpredictable nature of how Jon Jones may potentially look upon his return, and more!
- Duane Finley (FloCombat) returns to Submission Radio to discuss Bellator's recent big advancements and signings, Bellator 180 and how the card now feels with King Mo vs. Ryan Bader being added to the card, the possibility of Matt Hughes facing Royce Gracie in Bellator and what it does for the company, if there will ever be a day where Bellator stops doing freakshow fights, What Bellator would have to do in order to one day become competitive with the UFC, the recent bizarre decisions made by WME-IMG in running the UFC, what international fight week will look like with no huge stars available, the possibility of Conor McGregor never returning to the UFC after the Mayweather fight, what happens with GSP if the McGregor fight is no longer on the table, and more!
- Kacper and Denis wrap up the show by giving their official predictions for Chris Weidman vs. Gegard Mousasi and Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_120_UFC_210_Preview__John_Morgan_Luke_Thomas_Duane_Finley.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 7:31am AEST