Mon, 31 October 2016
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Johny Hendricks starts at: 03:23
- Bas Rutten returns to Submission Radio to breakdown the highly-anticipated fight between Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 in New York, who he thinks wins, if the UFC really has the power to make him relinquish his UFC featherweight title belt, how the UFC handled negotiations with Georges St-Pierre and if he'll eventually fight in the UFC, the massive end-of-year WSOF show at Madison Square Garden, will Justin Gaethje test free agency and sign with the UFC after his next fight, Inside MMA being cancelled, his upcomig movie The River Thief, crazy movie roles and hungover auditions and lots more!
- Tim Kennedy returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Rashad Evans at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, what made Tim return to the UFC after his semi-retirement, why he may never fight in the octagon after this fight, his thoughts on the new restructured UFC, his advantages over Rashad Evans and their training history, the current mess in the UFC's middleweight division, Michael Bisping as champion and him calling out fighters like Dan Henderson and GSP instead of the elite at 185, and lots more.
- Johny Hendricks returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Neil Magny at UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey, what exactly went wrong with his weight cut at UFC 200 and what he'll do differently this time, how quickly he went from champion to almost retired, the confronting conversation his wife had with him after his last fight, critics and fans that see him as washed up, how he stacks up against Magny, his new mindset and more!
- Karim Zidan (Bloody Elbow) returns to Submission Radio to discuss the recent controversies surrounding Fedor Emelianenko and Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, Fedor's criticisms over Kadyrov's underage children partaking in pro MMA fights, the backlash and threats that followed from Chechen fighter and Kadyrov himself, Fedor's daughter being attacked and if it was linked, the Kremlin ruling against Kadyrov regarding children fighting in MMA and if it will stick, Kadyrov's alleged assassination attempt, Fedor's often-misunderstood relationship with Vladimir Putin and why it's not what it seams, the rumors surrounding Fedor's next fight and which promotion it may be for.
- Mike Dyce (Sports Illustrated, Fansided) makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to break down MMA hot topics such as Anthony Pettis vs. Max Holloway being added to UFC 206 and if it makes the card PPV-worthy, if GSP vs. Michael Bisping makes sense and what other fights could headline the PPV, the ongoing saga between GSP and the UFC and if there's a chance GSP will still fight for the promotion, the recent changes in the company's structure since the WME-IMG takeover, Urijah Faber announcing he will retire after facing Brad Pickett at UFC 207 and what it means for the UFC bantamweight division. Also, the show caps off with a Jack Reacher 2 review and a roundtable of our top 5 Tom Cruise movies.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_104_Bas_Rutten_Tim_Kennedy_Johny_Hendricks_Karim_Zidan_Mike_Dyce.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:02am AEST
Mon, 17 October 2016
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk starts at: 3:43
- Luke Rockhold returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Ronaldo Jacare Souza at UFC Melbourne, the initial contract dispute, Chael Sonnen going to Bellator and fighters having alternative options, who he was originally offered to fight at UFC 205, thoughts on fighting in Australia again, Michael Bisping’s performance against Dan Henderson at UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2, Bisping’s post-fight promo to the whole middleweight division and wanting Georges St-Pierre next, Bisping avoiding the elite competition, the first fight in Strikeforce against Jacare and if he feels like he needs to prove anything about the fight, Jacare calling him scared, why he expects a title shot after this fight, and more!
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk returns to Submission Radio to discuss her fight against Karolina Kowalkiewicz at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, her relationship with Karolina and what she saw in her eyes during their staredown at the UFC 205 press conference, their amateur fight in 2012 and having the opportunity to give another undefeated fighter their first pro loss, if anybody in the division impresses her, moving her training camp to American Top Team in Florida and what it’s like training with her old rival Valerie Letourneau, Ronda Rousey facing her teammate Amanda Nunes at UFC 207, Ronda getting an immediate title shot off a KO loss and why Joanna disagrees with Julianna Pena’s complaints, her sneaker collection and how many she’ll bring to New York, and lots more!
- BJJ black belt under Marcelo Garcia and Conor McGregor training partner, Dillon Danis, makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to discuss the preparations for Conor McGregor’s fight against Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, how much McGregor’s Brazilian Jiu Jitsu has improved since the first Nate Diaz fight at UFC 196 and what it was like the first time he rolled with the Irishman, Eddie Alvarez potentially using a wrestling-heavy gameplan and how McGregor will stop it, rumors of McGregor taking time off or even retiring after UFC 205, his wins at the IBJJF No Gi Pan Am, when he’ll make his MMA debut in the UFC, potential opponents such as Nate Diaz, wanting to be the next Demian Maia or Royce Gracie, and lots more!
- Damon Martin of Fox Sports returns to Submission Radio to discuss some of the big stories in MMA, such as who really won in the rematch between Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson at UFC 204, Bisping wanting GSP next and what makes sense next for the middleweight division, Conor McGregor getting fined $150,000 dollars by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for the water bottle throwing incident at the UFC 202 pre-fight press conference and threatening never to fight in Nevada again, Ronda Rousey returning and Ronda Rousey vs. Amanda Nunes officially being set for UFC 207, if Rousey deserved the immediate title shot despite her KO loss to Holly Holm, Julianna Pena’s frustration with the UFC and the recent trend of fighters like Luke Rockhold, Al Iaquinta and Khabib Nurmagomedov standing up to the promotion, as well as what TV shows Damon has recently been getting into.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_103_Luke_Rockhold_Joanna_Jedrzejczyk_Dillon_Danis_Damon_Martin.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:04am AEST
Mon, 3 October 2016
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Owen Roddy starts at: 4:24
- Stephen Wonderboy Thompson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Tyron Woodley at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, where he was and how he found out that he finally got the welterweight title shot, what it was like coming face to face at the UFC 205 press conference and what he saw in Tyron's eyes, his dad and Tyron going at it on twitter, Woodley claiming that his humbleness is fake and that he doesn't respect him as a man, overcoming Tyron's wrestling, how he sees himself beating Tyron, being on the same card as New York Middleweight Chris Weidman and stealing Weidman's belt, who he'l give the next title shot to and lots more!
- Tony Ferguson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Rafael dos Anjos, what a win does for him in the crowded UFC lightweight division, his thoughts on Conor McGregor challenging Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight title at UFC 205, who he thinks wins, why super fights don't interest him, how he plans on beating the former UFC lightweight champion, if he thinks the KO loss to Alvarez will play a factor in dos Anjos' mind, why he believes Michael Johnson will expose Khabib Nurmagomedov, if he wants to rematch Micheal Johnson and avenge his loss, building his brand new training facility, why he doesn't want any labels owning him, his reflection on his fight against Lando Vannata, what it means to him to fight in Mexico City and lots more!
- Conor McGregor's longtime striking coach and former Cage Contender champion Owen Roddy speaks to Submission Radio about the fight between Conor McGregor and Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor in New York, when he found out about the bout and why it took so long to announce, the rumors of Conor's leg injury, if there was pressure to face Jose Aldo instead and Jose requesting his UFC release, how he thinks Alvarez handled Conor's verbal attack and mental warfare at the UFC 205 press conference, Alvarez compared to Conor's past opponents, overcoming Eddie's wrestling, the difference in training Conor for Alvarez as opposed to Diaz, why he doesn't believe the fight will last long, McGregor at lightweight and if he'll ever go back down to featherweight and more!
- Jason Parillo returns to Submission Radio to talk about Michael Bisping fighting Dan Henderson at UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 how he keeps Michael from getting too emotional in the fight, training Michael while he's filming another movie, Cris Cyborg's win over Lina Lansberg and the brutal weight cut to 140, Jason's concerns over how the cut affects Cyborg's performance and if he would like to see a women's 145lb division added, Dana White saying Ronda Rousey 100% wants Cris Cyborg, if there's an expiration date on the super fight and lots more!
- Matt Morea AKA The Tie Guy from the UFC 205 press conference makes a fun appearance to reflect on the question that shook up the press conference and the events surrounding it.
- Simon Head helps break down UFC Fight Night: Lineker vs. Dodson and previews UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2.
- Jeremy Botter discusses UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor, what he thinks of the fight finally coming together and why it took so long to announce, McGregor getting the lightweight title shot and if it warrants not rematching Jose Aldo for the featherweight belt, Aldo's request for release from the UFC and alleged retirement, if the UFC can afford to release the former featherweight king, the behind the scenes relationship between Conor McGregor and Dana White, how he sees the fight between Conor McGregor and Eddie Alvarez going, who the better trash talker is out of Chael Sonnen and Conor McGregor and more!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_102_Wonderboy_Tony_Ferguson_Owen_Roddy_Parillo_Botter_Simon_Head_Tie_Guy__UFC_Portland.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:16am AEST