Mon, 29 February 2016
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Nate Diaz's boxing coach, Richard Perez, returns to Submission Radio to discuss the upcoming fight between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor at UFC 196. Perez talks about Nate's current level of fitness and training going into the fight, his weight, the trashtalk between the two at the recent press conference, if Conor is in Nate's head, what advantages he has over McGregor and how he sees the fight going, Nate claiming that McGregor and the whole UFC is on steroids, his suspicions over Conor's increased size and wanting the fight at welterweight, and lots more.
- Bas Rutten returns to Submission Radio to talk about his recent bizarre interview with Jason Mayhem Miller, how Mayhem was acting behind the scenes, whether he thinks Miller's return to MMA is a serious one, UFC 196 and Nate Diaz replacing Rafael Dos Anjos against Conor McGregor, who he thinks will win, Nate accusing Conor and the UFC of being on steroids, Kevin Randleman recently passing and what some of his favourite memories of him were, his new podcast with Mauro Ranallo and more.
- Ken Shamrock returns to Submission Radio to discuss his controversial loss against Royce Gracie at Bellator 149, what exactly transpired and how much the groin shot affected him, why he's not angry at the referee, his thoughts on Royce celebrating the win and claiming it wasn't a low blow, whether Royce would fight him again, what he expects from his complaint to the Texas Athletic Commission, if Scott Coker is open to a rematch, the positive ratings the event drew on spike, his thoughts on the terrible fight between Kimbo Slice and Dada 5000, if he regrets coming out of retirement, what's next for him and if he'll fight again, Mark Hall approaching him at the Bellator fan fest and trying to fight him, and more.
Also discussed is UFC Fight Night: Silva vs Bisping and fights such as Gegard Mousasi vs Thales Leites and the controversial main event between Michael Bisping and Anderson Silva, what to make of the flying knee in the third round, and if the correct man won. Also on the show is a look at UFC 196 and all the crazy events that have transpired to make the card what it is, as well as the MMA community's reaction to Rafael Dos Anjos withdrawing and Nate Diaz stepping in late notice.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_83_Bas_Rutten_Ken_Shamrock_Richard_Perez__UFC_London.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 7:03am AEST
Tue, 23 February 2016
This week's Guests on the show include:
- TJ Dillashaw returns to Submission Radio to discuss the aftermath of his loss to Dominick Cruz, his mental state after losing the UFC bantamweight title, losing to Cruz compared to his split decision loss to Raphael Assuncao in 2013, all the recent rematches in the UFC, why he deserves a rematch and why Urijah Faber doesn’t deserve the next shot at the belt, his thoughts on Urijah’s recent performances and him looking older, trash talk and his frustration with needing to take the “WWE” route in order to climb the ranks again, what he would change about his performance and preparation in a rematch against Dominick Cruz, how his training has been at Team Elevation in Colorado, Joe Benavidez and Lance Palmer coming out to train with him and if they’ll leave Team Alpha Male, Cody Garbrandt being easily influenced and originally being first to want to train at Team Elevation, regretting doing the Ultimate Fighter, fans calling him a snake and him owning the nickname, branching out and starting his own companies, and lots more.
- Ben Rothwell returns to Submission Radio to discuss his fight against Junior Dos Santos at UFC Fight Night Croatia, how the fans recently treated him in the country’s capital of Zagreb, hanging out with Mirko Cro Cop, what it’s like to finally fight Junior Dos Santos after calling him out for years, whether he’s glad that he choked out Josh Barnett as opposed to fighting Stipe Miocic in Dublin, Ireland, how he feels to have the fans behind him more than ever, what a win over Junior does for him and if he feels he deserves the next shot at the heavyweight title, what he made of Werdum pulling out against Miocic but being willing to fight Cain Velasquez, Junior Dos Santos’ recent decline, his robe and if he’ll wear it again now that Reebok sponsor’s the UFC, sending a message to Dana White after he beats Junior, and more.
- Tony Ferguson makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about his fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC on Fox 19, flying under the radar and finally getting the attention he deserves, how he plans on dealing with Khabib’s wrestling and Sambo, why Khabib’s conditioning will let him down, hoping Khabib stand and trades with him so that his can slice him up, whether or not the fight is a title-eliminator, his plans on moving to welterweight in order to hold two belts simultaneously, his prediction for Rafael Dos Anjos vs Conor McGregor at UFC 196, how he sees a fight going between him and Conor, his comments regarding Sage Northcutt losing his first pro fight, buying a house and fitting out his man cave, old school video games, and lots more.
Also on the show is discussion on Bellator 149 and the controversial fights between Kimbo Slice and Dada 5000 and Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie, as well as a breakdown of UFC Pittsburgh aka UFC Fight Night: Cowboy vs Cowboy.
Direct download: Submission_Radio_82_TJ_Dillashaw_Ben_Rothwell_Tony_Ferguson__Bellator_149_-_UFC_Pittsburgh.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:26am AEST