Thu, 30 November 2017
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Special thank you at: 4:16
- TJ Dillashaw returns to Submission Radio to discuss his life since beating Cody Garbrandt at UFC 217 to claim the UFC bantamweight belt, wanting Demetrious Johnson next, why the DJ fight appeals to him so much, Demetrious wanting him to prove he can make 125 first and work his way up the flyweight rankings, jumping ahead of guys like Henry Cejudo and Sergio Pettis, Urijah Faber saying he'd come out of retirement to fight him, Dominick Cruz getting injured and withdrawing from UFC 219, if the winner of Jimmie Rivera and John Lineker interest him at all, his first-born baby around the corner and more!
- Bas Rutten returns to Submission Radio to discuss the heavyweight match-up at UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2 between Alistair Overeem vs, Francis Ngannou, Bas' prediction and how the two heavyweights match up stylistically, Georges St-Pierre beating Michael Bisping at UFC 217 and what should be next for him, which weight class suits GSP best and if a fight against Conor McGregor makes sense, Anderson Silva failing another drug test and what it does to his already tarnished legacy, Bas' acting career and funny stories from the set of Kevin Can Wait, his Thanksgiving experience, stories about the O2 trainer and more!
-Jason Parillo returns to Submission Radio to discuss Michael Bisping's recent loss against Kelvin Gastelum at UFC Shanghai, if the quick turnaround affected Bisping, who he'd like to see Bisping face in his final fight, Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm finally being set for UFC 219, if Holly is Cyborg's toughest test in her MMA career, how Jason feels Cyborg matches up against Holly, Cyborg saying she feels like beating Holly would be like also beating Ronda Rousey, if this win would make Cyborg the female GOAT in MMA, the official prediction and more!
-Sean Sheehan (Severe MMA) returns to join the discussion about Conor McGregor allegedly being involved in a pub brawl, Michael Bisping losing to Kelvin Gastelum and what's next for both men. Sean also brings his technical analysis to the table and previews the big fights from UFC 218!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_146_TJ_Dillashaw_Bas_Rutten_Jason_Parillo_Sean_Sheehan__UFC_218_Preview.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:04am AEST
Thu, 9 November 2017
Submission Radio #145 Luke Rockhold, Colby Covington, Cynthia Calvillo, Jonathan Snowden, Sean Sheehan
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Cynthia Calvillo at: 6:08
- Luke Rockhold returns to Submission Radio to talk about UFC 217 and Georges St-Pierre's submission win over Michael Bisping to become the new middleweight champion, why he feels like the division is back to a bad place, his doubts about GSP fighting Robert Whittaker and defending the belt, GSP needing to relinquish the belt if he fights in another division, being offered Robert Whittaker in Perth, why he's the only fight that makes sense for Michael Bisping next, his recent twitter exchange with Derek Brunson and why he has no interest in that fight, Yoel Romero being on his radar but only in a five-round fight, his talks with the UFC and the timeline for his potential return, and more!
- Cynthia Calvillo makes her first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about the UFC 217 aftermath and Rose Namajunas knocking out Joanna Jedrzejczyk to become the new women's strawwweight champion, the questions surrounding Joanna's chin, Joanna claiming she didn't tap, her upcoming fight against Carla Esparza at UFC 219, if she feels a win will earn her the next title shot, Carla's style and how she matches up against her, her tough road to the UFC, meeting Kobe Bryant in New York and being part of Body Armour, coming to terms with her new stardom and more!
- Colby Covington returns to Submission Radio to talk about UFC 217 and Georges St-Pierre's submission win over Michael Bisping to become the new middleweight champion, Colby feeling that he's next in line to face Tyron Woodley and how he'd react if GSP jumped the queue, the extended beef with Tyron Woodley and why "The chosen one" hasn't responded to Colby, Dan Lambert telling him not to start beef with Woodley, the aftermath of his comments towards Brazil, his time at Impact Wrestling, his favourite pro wrestling factions, why he recently blasted Jon Jones over twitter, his bad experiences with living with Jon Jones and more!
- Jonathan Snowden (Bleacher Report) makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to talk about UFC 217 and where it ranks amongst greatest MMA events, what's next for Georges St-Pierre and why the Conor McGregor fight makes sense most, the UFC's reluctance to promote the Robert Whittaker fight, if UFC 217 really did over one million PPV buys, Dana White claiming the UFC are having their best year and if it's actually possible, if it has anything to do with the UFC's new TV deal, and more!
- Sean Sheehan returns to the program to reflect on his FIFA match against Danny Segura and what went wrong, the technical aspects of GSP's win over Michael Bisping, GSP's cardio, Joanna Jedrzejczyk claiming she didn't tap, Uriah Faber claiming he's open to the TJ Dillashaw fight, Artem Lobov saying he deserves to get cut from the UFC, and more!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_145_Luke_Rockhold_Colby_Covington_Cynthia_Calvillo_Jonathan_Snowden_Sean_Sheehan.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:56pm AEST
Thu, 2 November 2017
This week's Guests on the show include:
- John Morgan at: 6:10
- Dan Hardy makes his first appearance on Submission Radio to help preview UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre, specifically the fight between Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre. Having faced GSP in the past, Hardy recalls the experience and what might surprise Bisping when he fights "Rush", his time sparring against Bisping and who has the edge on the feet, if GSP's timing and takedowns will still be as effective after the long layoff, if GSP could've re-invented himself while away from competition, his mindset and claiming he'll retire if he loses to Bisping, what GSP's likely plans are after this fight. Hardy also predicts the fights between Cody Garbrandt vs.TJ Dillashaw and Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas!
- Robin Black jumps on the program to break down Cody Garbrandt vs.TJ Dillashaw, their comlpex footwork, why Garbrandt had so much success against Dominick Cruz, Dillashaw's grappling and what he has to do in order to beat Cody. Robin also breaks down Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas, Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre and talks about his time spent training with GSP and why the concerns over GSP's lack of speed are unwarranted.
- John Morgan (MMA Junkie) helps break down and predict the big fights from UFC 217, including the hot match-ups on the prelims!
- Tommy Toe Hold interviews "GSP" ahead of his big UFC 217 fight against Michael Bisping.
- Jake Shields returns to Submission Radio to talk about helping Georges St-Pierre prepare for Michael Bisping, if it was weird helping GSP considering they fought in the past, how it came together and Michael Bisping originally wanting Shields to help him, who's stronger out of GSP and Bisping, how much of a factor GSP's grappling game will be in the fight, if he expects GSP to target Conor McGregor afterwards, how Conor McGregor's Jiu Jitsu would stack up against Tony Ferguson's, his own grappling career, the change from WSOF to PFL, how much longer he wants to keep fighting for, and more!
- Severe MMA's Sean Sheehan is joined by MMA fighting's Danny Segura and New York Ric to officially announce the MMA media FIFA championship, give their statements and also give predictions for UFC 217's three title fights!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_UFC_217_PREVIEW_-_Dan_Hardy_Jake_Shields_Robin_Black_John_Morgan__More.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 2:35pm AEST