Mon, 27 June 2016
This week's Guests on the show include:
- Johny Hendricks Starts at: 4:06
- “The American Gangster” Chael Sonnen returns to Submission Radio to discuss a wide variety of topics, including UFC 200 and the matchup between Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt, how good Brock Lesnar’s wrestling really is, if Mark Hunt will knock him out, how big of a draw Lesnar really is compared to Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor, Fedor Emelianenko getting dominated by Fabio Maldonado and if he should still go to the UFC, GSP saying he’ll return and wants to fight Michael Bisping, how Chael sees the fight playing out, his upcoming submission grappling tournament, and lots more.
- Stephen Thompson returns to Submission Radio to discuss his recent win over Rory MacDonald, how mentally grueling the fight was and why it didn’t play out like he expected, the negative reaction and boos from the crowd, the conversation he had with Rory backstage, what the win does for him and his title campaign, his thoughts on Tyron Woodley as a title challenger and why he wants to be the first man to dethrone Robbie Lawler, his analyst position for the UFC 201 fight, what goes on behind the desk on FOX during commercial breaks, his thoughts on Georges St-Pierre returning to the UFC, his relationship with GSP and if he’d fight the former welterweight champion, how he sees a fight between Michael Bisping and GSP playing out, his prediction for the Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor rematch at UFC 202, and lots more!
- Legendary WWE commentator and Hall of Famer Jim Ross returns to Submission Radio to discuss the massive event that is UFC 200, the Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt fight and how Jim sees it going down, each man’s keys to victory, how long Brock Lesnar has been in training, whether Brock will stick around and have more fights in the future, if Jim was surprised that the WWE and UFC could come to an agreement, if a Lesnar loss hurts his reputation in the WWE and affects Summerslam, Fedor Emelianenko’s recent fight and if Jim would still be interested in a potential Brock Lesnar vs Fedor fight, what he expects out of CM Punk’s UFC debut at UFC 203 against Mickey Gall, if this could lead to CM Punk making a WWE return, Roman Reigns recently getting suspended and how this affects the former WWE champion, and lots more.
- UFC co-creator Campbell McLaren speaks to Submission Radio about originally basing the UFC on Mortal Kombat, the stories behind bringing in Joe Rogan and Joe Silva, the controversial marketing that lead to the sport being banned but also it’s success, UFC 200 as a spectacle and if he ever expected the sport to come so far, his current project in Combate Americas, and more.
- Marc Raimondi of MMA Fighting returns to discuss MMA’s current hot topics, including Lesnar vs Hunt and it’s placement on the card, the recent Reebok wardrobe malfunctions, GSP’s potential return against Bisping, the potential UFC Sale, and more!
Direct download: Submission_Radio_95_Sonnen_Wonderboy_Hendricks_Jim_Ross_Campbell_McLaren_Raimondi__Fan_Qs.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 6:04am AEST